Friday, February 9, 2018

Eye on Kickstarter #37

Welcome to my Eye on Kickstarter series!  This series will highlight Kickstarter campaigns I am following that have recently launched (or I've recently discovered) because they have caught my interest.  Usually they'll catch my interest because they look like great games that I have either backed or would like to back (unfortunately budget doesn't allow me to back everything I'd like to).  But occasionally the campaigns caught my attention for other reasons.  Twice a month, on the 2nd and 4th Fridays, I'll make a new post in this series, highlighting the campaigns that have caught my attention since the last post.  In each post I'll highlight one campaign that has really grabbed my attention, followed by other campaigns I've backed or am interested in.  I'll also include links to any reviews I've done.  Comments are welcome, as are suggestions for new campaigns to check out!

You can also see my full Kickstarter Profile to see what I've backed or my old Eye on Kickstarter page that was too unwieldy to maintain.  Also, check out the 2018 Kickstarter Boardgame Projects geeklist over on Board Game Geek for a list of all the tabletop games of the year.
So, without further ado, here are the projects I'm currently watching as of the second Friday of February, 2018:



HIGHLIGHTED CAMPAIGN
Fields of Agincourt
  • GJJ Games Review
  • GJJ Games Backed
  • I really liked this tile-laying, area control game and so did everyone I played with. This one is a winner! It's a great mid-weight strategy game that would work great as a gateway, yet has enough going on to keep even seasoned gamers thinking. It's easy to teach, plays quickly, has great player interaction, and has great strategic choices. Fields of Agincourt made it onto my top Kickstarter previews of 2017, and I expect it to land on my top 10 games of 2018 at the end of the year (and probably be pushing a Full Review rating of 90/100, especially if the component quality is top notch).


Fields of Agincourt is a combative tile-placement game featuring area control, tile drafting, tile stacking, and the plague! Our game is inspired by the Battle of Agincourt, but it is not a historical simulation. However, like Henry, players will use positioning, terrain, and tactics to win the day. The map will form as the game is played, with each player fighting for position for the final battle.The goal of the game is to defeat your enemies and be named victor... of the Fields of Agincourt!




Subatomic
  • I love science games and have most of the Genius Games line. They're a great combination of science and gameplay and Subatomic looks great!


Endeavor: Age of Sail
  • This is a reimplementation of 2009's Endeavor, which has been out of print for a while now, despite pretty excellent ratings on BGG. This new edition has updated artwork and top notch components.


Calamityware Platter: Gang's-All-Here
  • It's not a game, but it's still pretty awesome. My wife loves the blue and white patterned porcelain dishes and I love dinosaurs (ok, she thinks they're pretty cool, too). This is an awesome combination of both!

No comments:

Post a Comment